Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Green Eyed Monster-Envy That Is...

When I first bought my machine and was reading my friend Cole's blog, I saw a fabric eye-glass case that she had made. I. LOVED. IT. and wanted it sooooo bad, but it was for a 5x7 hoop, and as you remember I only had 4x4. I just kept telling myself, "self, you will make that some day!". Then I started reading Terri's blog and she too had made the cases for gifts, and again, I was envious, so I bet you can't guess the very FIRST ITEM that I bought only 20 mintues after getting home with my new machine.....yup...you guessed it....the fabric eye-glass case from Pickle Pie Designs!

I made my first one the next morning (I got home with my machine around 10:30, and my husband said I had to wait :(), and I think it turned out GREAT! I gave it to my sister Kinley for Valentine's Day. (Excuse the bad picture, I am horrible at taking pics, and my husband wasn't home!)


Then I finally made myself one two weeks later!


Then on Sunday I recieved an order for a boy's version, and was super excited! I think it turned out great!!




Now, I am just envious of their sewing ability, I wish I could say even after taking my sewing class that I signed up for, that I should/could/would be able to sew as good as them, however I know I am not patient, and I can only assume that you would have to have major patience for the items that they make!

Well I am off to buy some designs.....
Till next time!

3 comments:

  1. They only way to learn to sew is just do it. Just sew, sew, sew. You can do it. Give it time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those turned out great! I love making them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the sweet compliments. Your cases look awesome! I really love that file! It's such a great gift! And...just like Nicole's mom said, you can totally do it. I just started teaching myself ~5 months ago...hadn't ever even touched a needle and thread before! That should offer some comfort =). I also email Nicole about 85 questions or so a week. But ya know, what are cousins for =). I really like the fabric on the case you did for yourself!!

    ReplyDelete